Break the Silence creates platforms for survivors to identify themselves. We strive to end rape culture, hold perpetrators accountable, and support survivors of sexual violence in healing. We organize different events about combating rapes, like our annual rally, and we have an event called Break the Silence held every month at different locations.
On Break the Silence, we have speakers who talk about their experience with sexual violence or how they were able to confront their perpetrators. We also have vendors from different organizations dedicated to ending violence against women and providing resources for survivors of sexual assault.
List of Our Events
We love to hold events and raise awareness about sexual violence. Check out some of our upcoming events!
- The “Financial Session for Potential Borrowers” event is a fundraiser for the ASAP Finance. It will be held at 338 Alabama St, Indianapolis, IN 46204, and there will be food, drinks, and music. We hope you can join us at 3 PM!
- The "Know Your Limits and Rights" event is a start-up for Women for Liberty. It will be held at 143 Temple St., Houston, TX 77060, with four speakers (as a surprise for quests). You are welcome to come at 4 PM.
Topics to Be Covered
These events range from discussions on how to end rape culture and hold perpetrators accountable to information sessions about sexual assault policies at local universities.
We will cover the following topics:
- Holding perpetrators accountable for their actions;
- Ending rape culture;
- Supporting survivors of sexual violence (providing resources for self-development);
- Improving financial literacy;
- Discover borrowing options for all types of needs.